We are so glad for the way that the Widows Aid program is still running and it really has been a blessing for us and the community. We would like to give you some updates and information on what has been done lately.
We are grateful to say that Widows Aid provides 1 50 kg bag of rice, 1 liter of cookin g oil, 1 kg of dal, 1 bag of milk powder, 1 bag of tea leaves, and sugar to a widow. Each month, five needy widows are selected, either through our staff learning about the need, or on the recommendation of others. In order to not create a dependency on the program, new widows are selected each month. So that’s a good way to get more work done and accomplish our main goals, which are:
- To provide for the needs of widows who are struggling to provide for themselves and their families.
- To be a blessing to the neediest members of the society.
To date, 57 widows from a number of different communities have been assisted. One of our biggest future goals is hopefully to expand the program to be able to help more widows.
We would like to close with some testimonials that have been a huge blessing for us so far:
- I am so glad that we are being provided with food to eat because life is hard for us as we are all women and we don’t have anyone in our family to do labor work and earn to make a living on a daily basis. And it’s only by the grace of God that we can receive this blessings from You (For One Life). God Bless You (For One Life).
- I cannot express how grateful I am as we just got discharged from the Hospital because we are facing the most difficult situation right now as my daughter has to undergo a heart surgery which we are unable to afford as of now. A lot of people told us not to worry, but it’s difficult not to worry when you spend all the money you have on hospital bills and there are times you run out of food to eat. I broke down with tears last night when I heard that you guys are going to provide us food. It is my prayer that God will continue to bless you more so that you can be a blessings for others who are in need.
- I am so grateful for what they (For One Life) have done for us. Not only they are really blessed, but it’s because of their willingness to share what they received from God to someone like us, poor widows and orphans. These are the food items (Sugar, Lentil) that we couldn’t afford to buy sometimes.
- I am so grateful for your help. There were times when I used to live with a loving and respectful husband, to whom I used to share all my joy and sorrow. Even though that’s not the case anymore as the entire responsibility of the family falls on me, I am so grateful to come across someone like For One life, who has provided us with all these food items. Therefore, it is my prayer that God will bless you (For One Life) even more.
- I don’t know what to say except the fact that I am so grateful for all that you have done for us. May God bless you even more.
Those stories are the reason we feel so honored to continue doing this and we just want to thank all of you who support us, because all this would never really happen without you. We feel humbled to be able to cover the needs of these women in the best way we can. Please keep us in your thoughts & prayers.
Click here to support our work with widows: https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E194998&id=16
For One Life Team.